On the design side, the work will include creating visual elements of all types: corporate branding and identity design, logo design, custom graphics, photo editing, and, of course, responsive website & landing page design. An understanding of user experience and search optimization are a plus.
As a member of both the design and development team, the web developer & visual designer will collaborate with our CTO and lead designer, as well as our team of marketing coordinators, to ensure the measurable success of our digital solutions and campaigns. This position may be the right fit for you if you have a passion for building powerful experiences through code and creating visually intriguing designs — all in a fun, inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Do
- Design, launch, and maintain websites, mostly on WordPress — from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Design visuals and graphics for digital designs and interfaces, ensuring they align with client branding, goals, and audience.
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites.
- Collaborate with clients and other members of the Odd Dog team to complete design and development projects.
- Conceptualize creative ideas and design strategy with the team and clients.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- Demonstrated visual design skills and an eye for detail.
- Proficiency with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and knowledge of Figma.
- Experience developing wireframes and an understanding of user flows.
- Experience designing and developing in WordPress, especially using WordPress page builders, such as Elementor, WPBakery, and WP Page Builder.
- Experience with responsive design/development practices for mobile & desktop.
- Experience using debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector.
- Understanding of front-end development experience (HTML5, CSS3).
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Familiarity with publishing and launching websites; a basic understanding of DNS is a bonus.
- Eagerness to learn new concepts and grow as a professional.
- Willingness to work with a team and take direction; previous agency experience is a bonus.
- Enjoys dogs
Perks of the Pack
- A welcoming, dog-friendly office in downtown Fremont
- In-office/remote hybrid schedule
- Competitive base salaries with an annual profit share
- 401K program with loan provision
- Continued education allowances
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Provided stand-up desk, ergonomic equipment, and other accommodations as needed
- Supportive and encouraging environment – there’s always an opportunity to learn!
- An employee-led “Fun Committee” dedicated to keeping things light and fun, both with events and around the office.
Odd Dog Media values a diverse workplace and encourages any qualified applicants to apply. We value positive attitudes, creative minds, and a strong work ethic. If that’s you, come join us and you’ll find an extremely supportive work environment.
We have even had the occasional K9 apply along with their owners, almost all of which have received interviews (hint hint).
Send us your resume and cover letter and tell us about yourself!
Pay: Depends on Experience
We offer a competitive base salary, plus an annual profit-share based on company performance.